Preparing for her wedding is probably the most stressful period in a girl’s life. It all revolves around thinking about how she can look the best on the big day. Even the joy and the excitement is laced with some anxiety about whether it will all turn out the way she has imagined always- just perfect. Especially if there are just about 2-3 weeks left for the wedding, she might panic even more, feeling helpless about how she can repair some things that she is not very happy about in her look. Plus, the few weeks before the wedding are also full of parties, celebrations, eating out and ghee-laden mithais- an invitation to weight gain and skin breakouts for many! But don't worry! We share with you some easy pointers that will come handy, especially with very little time left in hand. Read on to explore what these are.
Prameet Kotak, a holistic wellness expert feels that consistency and discipline are the key to success. Remember, there are no shortcuts to maintain and balance weight! Follow these tips mentioned below to get a toned body for your wedding day.
· It is important to exercise twice a day.
· A 30 minute walk in the morning to kick start your day .
· Follow a 60 minute workout in the evening, preferably weight or resistance at least thrice a week.
· Practice meditation for 10 minutes everyday to keep your calm.
· It is important to get a massage in this super hectic month, preferably three times a week. The massage will help you unwind and rejuvenate.
· Hiring a personal trainer will prove extremely beneficial for instant and better results . Someone who has been trained in Postural Analysis and Exercise to Correct Posture preferably a raptfx certified trainer
· Indoor activity of a medium intensity work-out through the day to keep the momentum going.
· Leave no stones unturned with a strength and conditioning program with a personal trainer thrice a week.
· Avoid crash diets. You ride the risk of getting sick with the increased amount of stress. Rather would suggest one to use a simple nutrition plan which suits one better.
· It is essential to get the Blood Test, Genetic Test and Postural Analysis, so you know exactly what you need to achieve the best.
Maintaining weight before a wedding is a must. With the wedding drawing closer, you have to be at your best and strongest health to assist you overcome stress! Follow a balanced custom made nutrition plan as per your body. One can also indulge in a quick DIY (do it yourself) indoor routine like 30 minutes of walking around the house or on the spot steps or marching for 1 minute, push-ups at 45 degrees for 10 seconds, squats for 1 minute and jumping jacks for another 30 sec. It is also necessary to visualize your goal and consistently follow your exercise and eating routines. Do not go on a crash diet or do not skip your meals and also, avoid over-eating.
If you are among those lazy lot who have never turned up to any gym or yoga center , then follow this piece of advice from the expert.
Dr. Nidhi Chaudhary ,NUTRITIONIST & Health expert suggest some measures to shed those extra kilos by adding that every bride wants to look and feel her best on her big day and as a result, many brides focus only on losing weight in a short time frame but most end up putting on weight due to their busy lifestyles, stress and regular parties. But don’t worry too much as getting in shape before your marriage is very easy , if you follow these simple tips.
Bridal Diet Tips for Glowing & Radiant Skin:
1. Start your day with 2 glasses of detox water or a glass of organic green tea followed by 8 soaked almonds .
2. Whenever you feel hungry, have a fruit
3. A healthy breakfast is really necessary to start your day. Avoid sweets and try to include low fat milk products in your morning meal. Have at least one good protein source for breakfast, 1-2 cup servings of multigrain cereal, sprouts and sliced fruits.
4. Make your lunch or dinner healthy by incorporating wholegrain cereals, pulses or grilled fish, one piece of chicken, low fat probiotic curd, salad and green vegetables.
5. If you want to shed 5 kgs a month before your wedding, begin focusing on your diet 12 weeks earlier . Follow a diet that is nutritious and which allows you to lose no more than three to four kilos a month.
6. To get a glowing and healthy skin, eat carrot, beetroot , apricot, yellow and orange fruits, spinach or green vegetables and tomatoes.
7. Consume walnuts as they contain omega, fatty acids, which makes our hair and skin shinny and healthier.
8. Drink three- four cups of green tea.
9. Avoid caffeine, alcohol , smoking , sugar, dairy, and no processed foods.
10. Keep your energy levels up eating loads of vegetables as they are high in fiber, help circulation, support skin's elasticity and give you the antioxidants to kill free radicals in the body for that feel-good factor
11. Drink plenty of water minimum 12 glasses , fresh juices and soup to detox your body and get rid of the toxins.
Sample Diet Plan
Early Morning: 2 glasses water with 25 ml aloe Vera and Amla Juice followed by soaked almonds ( 6-8), walnuts ( 2)
Breakfast: Milk and multi grain flakes, or 2 boiled egg whites or low fat paneer with whole wheat toast, or upma or brown rice poha .
Mid Morning Snack: Any seasonal fruits followed by 1 glass green tea
Lunch: 1 Multi grain roti ( made with barley, soy, oats, wheat) with 2 bowls green veg + 2 tomatoes
Tea: Sprouts or boiled egg white, vegetable, or clear chicken soup.
Dinner: Steamed or stir fry vegetables and salads with paneer/ chicken/ fish Or 1 roti ( multi grain) with 1 big plate of salad and 1 bowl of light vegetables Or paneer and some cooked vegetables Or vegetables with chicken and multi grain toast.
Before sleeping : 2 glasses water with 20 ml aloe Vera and alma juice each.
Follow the same discipline post wedding with dedication like you did for your wedding. Managing your weight after marriage is also equally important. Remember, the honeymoon period is going to be full of indulgence so, get your exercise routines in place and continue to be healthy, wealthy and wise.